UKE in Polish Sign Language
28 june 2019
In May and June we held the following workshops in the Polish Sign Language: “I click sensibly”, “Code with UKE” and “I know what I sign” for deaf and hard of hearing people.
I click sensibly
We talked about phonoholism. We learned about the means of protection against computer viruses and we created safe passwords. We explained how to check the cost of a premium SMS and avoid being cheated. We also touched upon the topic of negative phenomena in the cyber world such as hate speech or stalking.
Code with UKE
We held workshops for deaf and hard of hearing people with “ScottieGo” - an educational game - together with the UKE Regional Branch in Lublin. During the workshops students could develop their digital, logical thinking and team work skills.
I know what I sign
As part of the “I know what I sign” campaign we met with deaf and hard of hearing people in the Polish Association of the Deaf in Siedlce, Bydgoszcz, Opole and Lublin.
During the meeting we talked about unfair commercial practices. We explained how and when it is possible to withdraw from the contract, what we should pay attention to when concluding a contract with an operator, how to check the cost of a premium SMS and roaming data transmission.
- 2nd Kuyavian-Pomeranian Special School and Education Centre in Bydgoszcz (KP SOSW nr 2 Bydgoszcz)
- Otton Lipkowski 15th Special School and Education Centre in Warsaw (OSW nr 15 Warszawa)
- John Paul II Special School and Education Centre for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Children and Young People in Lublin (SOSW Lublin)
- Polish Association of the Deaf, Masovian Branch in Siedlce (PZG Siedlce)
- Polish Association of the Deaf, Kuyavian-Pomeranian Branch in Bydgoszcz (PZG Bydgoszcz)
- Polish Association of the Deaf, Regional Branch in Opole (PZG Opole)
- Polish Association of the Deaf, Regional Branch in Lublin (PZG Lublin).
The workshops enjoyed great interest.
Thanks for your commitment.